Digital excellence is achieved through methodologies used in the process of performing digital business transformation with a result of being a flexible, connected business. It improves customer alignment and success, operational effectiveness and quality, meaningful products and support, and business decision-making and speed to market.
Digital is a long term initiative and it requires sponsorship, investment, and an organization willing to adopt new ways of thinking and working.
- Some say digital transformation is fiction and difficult. If you do it right, it can provide lasting value to your business and customers. It is not easy, but you take a step at a time as you prepare your business for change.
- Some say digital transformation is about deploying the latest technology. Technology is one of the enablers for digital however, business models and customer centricity ranking higher in importance.
- Business: connected businesses, market relevance, new business models, meaningful products, processes, speed, quality, and acceptable risks
- Customer: customer lens, better customer experiences, engagement, personalization, loyalty, value, and relationships
- Technology: tech integration, automation, connected devices (IoT), AI/ML, bots, analytics (expose data for decision-making), and access
- Organization: a digital mindset / culture, digital acceleration hubs, agility/ flexibility, adoption of new ideas
Digital Connects the Business
Digital is at the core of a modern business. Digital drives People, Process, Technology, and Data to perform with a customer centric focus as a connected business.
- A customer centric business translates to offering a superior customer experience
- Good culture translates to a focused, productive organization working in unity – employee experience
- Enablement translates to customer engagement – self-service and user empowerment
- Develop goals and a strategic plan to coordinate activity within the organization.
- Prepare your organization for this change by instilling a digital mindset and education.
- Create a space and digital team to infuse and nurture innovation with new ideas.
- Develop new models and approaches for solutions and radiate throughout the company.
The reasons for going digital are many and each main area offers a disruptive element as well as a connective element. It is important to understand each driver and its relevance to your business.
- Market growth
- Customer success, retention, and expansion
- Product adoption
- New products and service models
- Competitive advantage
- Simplicity and ease of use
- Speed, quality, and automation
Another important consideration is understanding where you are in digital maturity and where you want to be in a desired state. Your business does not need to perform a massive leap. Instead, do it in steps can can be consumed by your organization.
Call me or schedule a meeting under the menu Schedule Meeting tab and I can guide you through each step toward a connected business that is flexible to meet present and future challenges.